Wednesday, August 9, 2017

This is why it is important to look good at the finish line

Three years, three months and two days ago I stumbled into my doctor's office. She told me I had Guillain-Barré syndrome. By that night I was admitted to intensive care and I couldn't hold up my body weight. I came home 137 days later because it only took one person to transfer me between a bed at a wheelchair.

Yesterday, I was a little tired and thought I would take an evening off from running. But I'm sure glad my friend Janel woke me up because we were a great running team. And I'm also glad John was there to make this little movie.

In two months and 27 days I intend to finish the New York City Marathon. It will be the 20th time I finish the New York City Marathon and the 30th marathon that I will finish

#FUGBS


No comments:

Post a Comment

You do not have to be nice!

This is not me

This is not me
Not me.

Blog Archive